Performance Calculator Engine Calculations
Performance Calculator offers numerous mechanical engine calculations as well as an engine simulator. The primary calculations included are:
- Air and fuel flow (total and per cylinder)
- Camshaft intake / exhaust center angles, lobe center angle, lobe
center point, overlap, and lobe areas with profile and acceleration graphs.You can enter
cam specs by opening/closing points or by duration and lobe angles, or you can enter
detailed lift heights at crank positions. Lift height data can be entered using any
desired crank position.
- Combustion chamber volume
- Compression ratio
- Piston dish / dome volume
- Displacement, cylinder volume, area, ring length, bore/stroke ratio
- Efficiency (based on air flow, fuel flow, power or torque), BMEP, BSFC
- Fuel injector sizing / timing / tuning
- Header tubing length and diameter (2 different calculations -
one uses camshaft data)
- Header collector dimensions
- Intake manifold runner area and length
- Maximum RPM
- Octane requirement
- Piston speed and position (including graph)
- Port velocity
- Power and torque (including boost & nitrous)
- Power curve input
- Power table input
Power curve input
Use of this site
constitutes acceptance of the User Agreement.
Copyright © 1997-2004 Bryan D.
Feldman. All rights reserved.